WHAT IS SEXUAL ABUSE?
Sexual abuse refers to when a person is forced to do sexual acts when they do not want and sexual acts with a person 17 years old and below.
Sexual abuse takes away the dignity and right of the abused.
In some instances the abused does not speak out for fear, shame or privacy. If you know someone who is being sexually abused, do not keep quiet about it because they may abuse many more people. However, be sure to respect the wishes of the abuse by acting in their best interests and not exposing them to what they fear should it be shame or harm from the abuser.
HOW TO STOP SEXUAL ABUSE
- Know the signs of sexual abuse and do not ignore any signs.
- See professional advice on how to deal with this issue. If you are shy seek help online on ways to stop sexual abuse.
- Find an organisation near you dealing with sexual abuse.
- Find an online or offline community that have battled with sexual abuse and are sharing their stories. You are not alone.
- Be educated and educate those around you about sexual abuse prevention programs.
Have you encountered sexual abuse? Do you have a cause you support that you would like to share? If you have any queries, comments or criticisms, feel free to email us today; firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE;