Sex is having carnal knowledge or intercourse between at least two beings.
WHEN IS SEX A BAD THING?
Overall, sex is a good and healthy activity. However sex can be bad in some instance of:
• Rape (this can also happen in intimate relationships)• Premature sex (having sex when you are not prepared physically, emotionally or psychologically whether you were forced or not.)
• Sex for the wrong reason. (Some people have sex because it is their livelihood and only way to make money. Others give sex in hope to buy love from someone. Others have sex just for the benefit of relieving stress without any consent of the other person. Some have sex because of peer pressure. etc.)
SEX FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW!
Some facts about sex that you should know whether you are having sex or not.
- The right age to have sex is when you are ready physically, mentally, emotionally and most times even financially for sex and its consequences.
- Sex is also emotional besides physical and so should not be undertaken simply for fun.
- It is OK to be a VIRGIN. You only get to lose it once so it is special.
- Do not feel pressured to have sex by anyone. Have sex when you are ready.
- Sex is most fulfilling when you are in a caring and committed relationship with love, respect and trust.
- Sex for the wrong reasons hurts you in the end. Be realistic on what you expect from sex and your partner. Communicate those feelings.
- Because you have sex does not suggest that you are mature or independent.
- Sex should not be used as a tool to control a relationship.
- Sex is only just one way of expressing love. There are many other ways to express love and having sex with someone who does not love you or even having their child will not make them love you.
- Unprotected sex even for the first time can lead to pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases or even HIV/AIDS. Birth control and STI protection must be used correctly to be effective. However, contraceptives are not 100% effective.
- Oral sex is ALSO sex and puts you at the same risk of contracting STI’s or HIV if unprotected.
Having knowledge on sex and being aware on how sex affects your life is very important in maintaining not only physical safety but also emotional safety.
What has been your experience with sex? Sound off in the comments below.
You can also read more about:
HAVE A HEALTHY SEX LIFE (Teens)
15 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SEX
MOTHERS SHOULD DISCUSS SEXUALITY
THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT SEX