Sometimes we get tired and thrown around by life, we get disappointed by the people around and the circumstances don't help either. Somebody once told me that in life we ought not to kill our enemy but rather kill enmity in order to have peace. So how do you become the better person in whatever relationship that is going sour? Try these tips;
- NEVER TAKE IT TOO PERSONNEL. It may indeed be personal but taking it that way makes it more emotional and less easy to make a rational decision.
- BE THE BETTER PERSON. Act nice even if they ignore your sweet actions. It does not mean looking stupid, its just being the better man.
- DO NOT GO AN EXTRA MILE, JUST BE NICE WHEN THEY ARE AROUND YOU.
- DO NOT IGNORE THEM WHATSOEVER, even if it hurts but being the better person means swallowing your pride.
- ACT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN FRIENDS FOREVER AND THEY HAVE NEVER OFFENDED YOU WHEN THEY ARE AROUND YOU.
- BE HUMBLE BUT NOT TO THE POINT OF STUPIDITY.
- BE FORGIVING.
- BE TRUTHFUL ALWAYS.
- COMMUNICATE AT ALL TIMES IN WHATEVER RELATIONSHIP YOU HAVE.
It always pays to be the first man on the walk to reconciliation. Be safe, SFG!