- Do a lot of research before going into that country in all areas beginning with safety, rates and needed paper work.
- If you have a trusted relative or friend in that country contact them regularly about your stay in that country.
- Learn and respect the culture of the people in the foreign country you are going to or living in.
- Have important numbers within reach incase of need especially the number to your countries embassy or tourist police.
- Try to blend in with the locals to avoid being singled out easily which can make you easy prey.
- Do Avoid having one night stands with strangers as you may fall victim to strange illness and even abuse, stay safe and learn the area and people well before indulging in sexual activities.
- Find someone you can trust, make a friend, join an organization or religious community if you belong to any religion. Just get to know the people around you.
- Avoid making enemies and be friendly to all.
- Do not give anyone your documents.
There is so much you need to know when visiting, living in or travelling to a foreign country. It is wise to be as well informed as a local or even more. You may also like to read;
Did we forget something, do you have a question or a suggestion or do you want to work with us. Do not hesitate to send us an email:
*Contact Safety First for Girls for more information at Safetyfirstforgirls@aol.com
This is an I AM SAFE PROJECT© under Safety First for Girls.