WHAT IS PRIVACY?
Privacy is the state or condition of being free from being observed or disturbed by other people. It is also freedom from public attention.
TYPES OF PRIVACY
There are many forms of privacy we can associate ourselves to such as;
This is the privacy of the bodies private parts.
This is privacy of the places that we believe are our territory and we do not want anyone to cross.
This is the privacy we want to keep such as in the messages we send that we do not want other people to see.
This is privacy in terms to what information we want to share with others about ourselves such as where our address or phone numbers et cetera.
Protecting information about you that makes you feel unsafe, vulnerable or at risk.
HUMAN RIGHTS PRIVACY
Our privacy and the way our government has a right to use it for security purposes and more.
The kind of privacy in which we want to keep to ourselves.
Privacy in terms of context, our relations with others, our beliefs and our being different.
This is keeping your online information private so that it is not easily accessible to the entire world. It includes privacy on social networks, when shopping online which is also credit card information privacy and all forms of privacy related to the internet.
All forms of privacy that does not involve internet.
PRIVACY AND SAFETY
Privacy and safety should go hand in hand, with one as important as the next. Safety and privacy are correlated and in most cases do not exist independently. Maintain your privacy and do not allow anyone to get your privacy from you because privacy is your fundamental Human Right.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR PRIVACY
- Take care that you keep anything with your private information such as your diary, passport, bank book and all your private property is a safe secure place which only you or a few people close to you know about.
- Set your limits. Know how much you wants others to know about you, who you want to know about you and the limit of their relationship with you.
- Know who your friends are. Some people just like to share gossip so if you have a private matter you are sharing with someone you trust, let them know that it is private and you would like if they respected your privacy.
- Limit access to your online information by applying privacy settings.
- Do not add people you do not know as friends to your social networking sites.
- Always sign out from your online profiles, be it social network, internet banking or even game sites and even give your computer or phone a unique password for increased privacy and security.
- Et cetera.
Is privacy important to you? What do you do to maintain your privacy? Do you respect other peoples privacy by perhaps minding your own business and not meddling with their affairs or even gossiping? Let us know your viewpoint on privacy and how it has affected your life. Leave us a comment or email us today; firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ
CONCEPT OF PRIVACY; CONSUMERS
YES TO CHOICE